Massey Ferguson 4710
4700 Series Utility Tractors
It’s simple. When all the key components of a tractor are built together, they work better together.
- Heavy-duty: At a best-in-class base weight of 7,125 lbs., the 4700 Series is purpose-built for more pulling power and more lift capacity. Not to mention better maneuverability and more stability.
- Transmission: An easy-to-operate transmission provides multiple speed options and a more comfortable ride, whether you’re maneuvering through headlands or around tight spaces in the barn or yard.
- 3-cylinder 3.3L AGCO PowerTM Engine: At the heart of it all is a rugged, reliable, fuel-efficient Tier 4 Final engine. These engines range from 80-100 horsepower and are specifically configured for North America.
The last thing you need is a feeble tractor that shies away from the really tough jobs. The 4700 Series is heavier than other tractors in its class, uniquely designed to handle larger, heavier implements and more demanding applications. So it’ll be there when you need it.
- Tight Turning Radius: Sometimes you need to work in confined spaces. These tractors feature a tighter turning radius for easier maneuverability with better stability.
- 2WD/4WD: The 2WD axle comes with five track-width settings in 4-inch steps to accommodate virtually all crop or field conditions. An optional hydraulic-controlled differential lock on the 4WD front axles ensures that drive is evenly distributed for better traction and greater stability.
- Adjustable Wheels: With a wide range of wheel-spacing settings, these tractors handle everything from specialty farming applications, like small-scale row crops and vegetables, to roadside mowing and land management applications
- Hitch: An easy-to-operate transmission provides multiple speed options and a more comfortable ride, whether you’re maneuvering through headlands or around tight spaces in the barn or yard.
Ease of Use
The 4700 Series is easy- to-use and comfortable to operate. From the ground up, these tractors are engineered for smart, ergonomic, long-lasting operation. Because even though the work is tough, your tractor should never be hard on you.
- Easy-reach Controls: Essential controls are ergonomically positioned for easy operation and comfort.
- Adjustable Seat: A spring tension-control knob adjusts the seat to comfortably accommodate operators of all sizes.
- Fender-mounted 3-point Control: Hitch raise or lower controls on deluxe models are incorporated into the rear fender, making hook-up and disconnection of 3-point implements quick and easy.
|Rated Engine HP (kW) @ Rated RPM||100 (74.6)|
|Rated engine speed||2,200 RPM|
|PTO HP (kW) @ Rated RPM**||88 (65.6)|
|Engine||AGCO Power™ 3-cyl, 3.3 L, intercooled turbo-charged, high-pressure common rail direct fuel injection (HPCR)|
|Emissions control; EPA Tier 4-compliant||SCR Technology (post-combustion DEF), diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC)|
|Transmission type||Classic: 12F X 12R, 2 range, syncro-shuttle, mechanical shuttle lever; Deluxe: 12F X 12R, 2 range, power-shuttle, electro-hydraulic shuttle lever|
|Clutch||Classic: Dry clutch with foot pedal control; Deluxe: Wet clutch with foot pedal control|
|Rear Axle||Flange type with internal planetary final drives|
|Brakes||Internal wet disc, independently controlled via foot pedals|
|Differential Lock||Rear axle engaged via electro-hydraulic rocker switch|
|Front Axle||2WD - adjustable front axle; 4WD - cast steel fixed front axle with center drive line and combination bevel-gear/planetary final drives 4WD front axle differential lock - Classic: AutoLock Deluxe: HydraLock|
|Wheelbase in. (mm)||88.5 (2,250)|
|Minimum width in. (mm)||Std. Trelleborg® radial tires - rear 420/85R30, 60.3 (1,533)|
|Base weight without ballast lbs. (kg.)||2WD ROPS: 6,445 (2,923); 4WD ROPS: 7,125 (3,232)|
|DEF capacity gal. (L)||2.6 (10), plastic tank under platform, ground fill|
|Fuel capacity gal. (L)||27.7 (105), plastic tank under platform, ground fill; Deluxe: Additional fuel tank guard|
|Hydraulic system||Open center system, single pump|
|Hydraulic flow @ rear remotes gpm (lpm)||17.7 (65)|
|Rear remote valves||Classic: 1 valve Std., DA, FL or Opt. up to 3 valves, field installed, DA, KO, FL; Deluxe: 2 valves, Std., DA, KO, FL or Opt. 3rd valve, field installed, DA, FL only; All valves spring return to neutral (SRN)|
|Loader joystick||Opt., mounted on platform, valve on loader sub-frame with flat-face couplers|
|3-point lift capacity lbs. (kg.) full stroke @ 24'' (610 mm) Behind ball ends||Category II, 4,850 (2,200)|
|Rear PTO||Independent, electro-hydraulic engagement via switch, 540 and 1,000 RPM Std., 540 and 540E RPM Opt.|
|Electrical system||12-volt DC system, 80-amp alternator, 7-pin trailer socket; Deluxe: Additional 30-amp auxiliary power socket|
|Platform features||Semi-platform deck, folding ROPS, rubber mat, toolbox, L & R shields, grab handles, cup holder|
|Cab features||Fully integrated controls; quiet; semi-flat floor, Opt. ergonomically-designed factory joystick; draft, throttle, remotes, PTO engagement, differential lock switch, 4WD switch on right console;digital and analog dash; largest cab in the industry; rubber floor mat; two cup holders; Deluxe: Std. (Classic field installed): Rear wiper & washer; telescopic large side mirrors; internal mirror|
|Lighting (ROPS)||4 headlights, 2 rear signal/hazard lights, 1 rear work light; Deluxe: 2 additional mid-mount adjustable work lights|
|Steering||Classic: fixed; Deluxe: tilt; Deluxe Cab: tilt and telescopic|
|Seat||Spring suspension mounted seat, adjustable fore and aft with mechanical weight adjustment, retractable seat belt; Deluxe: Mechanical swiveling seat with armrests|
Fields with asterisks* and highlighted red are required. Please email our helpful staff with any questions or comments using the contact form.
Fields with asterisks* and highlighted red are required. Your friend will receive an email that contains a reference to this page. Please send this email only to people you know who would be interested in this information.