Massey Ferguson 4609M
4600M Series Utility Tractors
STABILITY – Regardless of the terrain, or the task, you can rest assured these tractors are built
to be as stable as can be.
- Wide base – A longer wheelbase to start, plus adjustable wheels for different applications and terrains.
- Sturdy – Excellent power-to-weight ratio.
- Enhanced steering – Larger steering cylinders, knuckle arm, tie rod and a new orbit roll motor provide better steering performance in full-bucket loader operations.
VISIBILITY – Optimum sight lines is one of our top priorities.
- Operator station – A clean operator station and well-positioned seat offer maximum visibility to front and rear implements.
- View – LED work lights, a front sun visor, rear defrost and rear wiper are standard on the deluxe cab.
- Lighting – Additional LED work lights are optional, so you can work on your schedule, not Mother Nature’s.
VERSATILITY – Tractors engineered to handle almost anything you throw at them. From the field
to the barn to the yard.
- Transmission – 12F x 12R 2-range (without creep) or 18F x 18R 3-range (with optional creep), power shuttle – 6 gears synchronized, electro-hydraulic shuttle lever.
- Engine – Turbocharged 3-cylinder AGCO PowerTM engine meets stringent Tier 4 Final emissions standards. Four valves per cylinder improve airflow and enhance fuel/air mixture. No diesel particulate filter (DPF) is required, which saves time, fuel and money.
- Drive – 2WD and 4WD offerings.
- 3-point hitch – Category II standard.
- Loader – Optional, with optional skid steer tool carrier and a wide variety of other attachments.
COMFORT – Working hard or playing hard, your tractor should always be comfortable.
- NEW deluxe cab – This new cab option offers factory-equipped LED light package, rear in-glass defroster, rear window wiper, front sun visor and GrammerTM air ride seat. Plus, fender-mounted 3-point hitch controls, and factory loader-ready with joystick, loader
- valve and subframe.
- Optimized cab layout – More storage locations, cupholders, cell phone caddy and coat hanger.
- Radio-ready – Speakers and antenna pre-installed on all cabs.
We invite you to compare the Massey Ferguson 4600M Series to the others. We think you’ll see a line of rugged, efficient and dependable utility tractors that we’re proud to stand behind.
|Rated Engine HP (kW)||89.8 (66.9)|
|Rated engine speed||2,200 RPM|
|Max. Engine HP (kW)||95 (71)|
|PTO HP @ 540 RPM (kW)||72 (53.7)|
|Engine||AGCO Power™ 3-cyl, 3.3 L, intercooled turbocharged, high-pressure common rail direct fuel injection|
|Emissions control; EPA Tier 4-compliant||Post-combustion DEF, diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC)|
|Transmission type||12F x 12R 2-range Std. or 18F x 18R 3-range (with Opt. creeper gear), power shuttle - 6 gears synchronized, electro-hydraulic shuttle lever|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc with foot pedal control|
|Rear axle||Flange type with internal planetary final drives|
|Brakes||Internal wet disc, independently controlled via foot pedals|
|Differential lock||Rear axle engaged via mechanical foot pedal|
|Front axle||Cast steel 4WD front axle with center drive line and combination bevel-gear/planetary final drives, fixed front axle 4WD, adjustable front axle 2WD|
|Hydraulic system||Open center system, single pump|
|Hydraulic flow gpm (lpm)||17.5 (66.5)|
|Rear remote valves||1 or 2 Std., up to 3 possible - SRN, FL, KO/FL available|
|Loader joystick||Opt., console-mounted - with mid valves and couplers|
|3-point lift capacity lbs. (kg.)||Category II, 3,307 (1,500) Std. / 4,409 (2,000) Opt.|
|Rear PTO||Independent, electro-hydraulic engagement, 540 and 1,000 RPM Std., both shafts included|
|Electrical system||12-volt DC system, 95-amp alternator|
|Std. platform features||Flat deck w/ rubber mat, folding ROPS|
|Std. cab features||6-post structure, flat deck w/ rubber mat, front wiper, HVAC, tinted safety glass|
|Opt. deluxe cab features (in addition to Std. cab features)||LED lighting, rear defroster and wiper, front sun visor, air ride seat, fender-mounted 3-point hitch controls, loader-ready with joystick, valve and sub-frame|
|Lighting||ROPS: 4 headlights, 2 rear signal lights; Cab: 4 headlights, 2 rear signal lights, roof-mounted work lights - 2 front, 2 rear|
|Std. seat and steering||Deluxe suspended seat, tilt steering|
|DIMENSIONS||(With R1 Ag tires, 4WD chassis and cab model, unless otherwise noted)|
|Overall length in. (mm), includes 3-point linkage||153.5 (3,900)|
|Wheelbase in. (mm)||89.9 (2,285)|
|Minimum width in. (mm)||80.7 (2,050)|
|Overall height in. (mm)||ROPS: 106.6 (2,710); Cab: 102.3 (2,600)|
|Base weight 4WD without ballast lbs. (kg.)||ROPS: 6,845 (3,105); Cab: 7,253 (3,290)|
|DEF capacity gal. (L)||4.2 (16)|
|Fuel capacity gal. (L)||30.3 (115), plastic tank under platform, molded to chassis, ground fill|
Fields with asterisks* and highlighted red are required. Please email our helpful staff with any questions or comments using the contact form.
Fields with asterisks* and highlighted red are required. Your friend will receive an email that contains a reference to this page. Please send this email only to people you know who would be interested in this information.