Massey Ferguson 1739E
1700E Series Economy Compact Tractors
Every Massey Ferguson is chock full of innovation, and the 1700E is no exception. These 4WD tractors with standard rear 540 PTO and 3-point hitch deliver more than you'd expect from economy models.
- Reinventing the wheel: A hydrostatic power steering system reduces steering wheel vibrations from rough terrain to reduce operator fatigue
- Clean-burning diesels: The 1700E's 3-cylinder Shibaura clean diesel engines are Tier 4 compliant, thanks to their fully automated emissions system
- Easy loader: The matched Massey front end loader features a quick-attach main frame design for fast, hassle-free loader mount and dismount
Whether you've got a small farm or a busy job site, the 1700E is equipped with all the basics you need. And then some.
- Plenty of power: With 24.0 to 38.5 engine HP, the 1700E is ready to get after pretty much anything - mowing, loading, hauling, you name it
- Choice of transmissions: Get the 9x3 gear transmission (great for mowing and hauling) or our incredibly easy 3-range hydrostatic gearbox that's ideal for loader work
- Responsive work tools: Higher flow hydraulics mean loader work goes faster and implements respond more efficiently
The E stands for economy, efficiency, and just plain easy. This is where the simplicity of this machine really works in your favor.
- You're in control: Most major functions are controlled with mechanical levers within easy reach. A digital dashboard hour meter keeps you informed at a glance.
- Tractor of steel: The foot deck, hood, and fenders are all made of stamped steel, for rugged durability and a long working life
- Hop on: A single foot step on the left side and a grab handle make getting on and off easy.
|Rated Engine HP (kW)||38.5 (28.7)|
|Rated engine speed (RPM)||2,800|
|Rated PTO HP (gear) (kW)||32.7 (24.4)|
|Rated PTO HP (HST) (kW)||30.9 (23.0)|
|Type||3-cylinder diesel, liquid-cooled, turbocharged, Tier 4 Final|
|Displacement L (in.3)||1.5 (91.5)|
|Air and fuel systems||Turbocharged, indirect low-pressure injection, electronic engine management|
|Emissions control||Internal exhaust gas recirculation (iEGR), diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), regenerating diesel particulate filter (DPF)|
|Transmission||9 x 3 mechanical shift, constant mesh gears, dry single disc clutch|
|Shift levers||2 levers: 3-range in-line lever on LH side, "H" pattern lever, (3 gears plus R) in center of platform|
|Hydrostatic transmission||3 range HST, heel-toe foot pedal on RH side, clutch pedal on LH side|
|Brakes||Internal wet brakes, single brake pedal on HST, two brake pedals on gear models|
|Rear axle||Drop-axle type with bull gear final drives|
|Differential lock||Mechanical engagement via heel pedal|
|Front axle Cast steel||4WD front axle with center drive line and bevel-gear final drives|
|4WD engagement||Mechanical via push-pull lever in platform in front of seat|
|Hydraulic system||Open center system, gear-type pump supplies implements and 3-point hitch|
|Hydraulic flow @ remotes gpm (lpm); opt. up to 2||7.2 (27.3)|
|Loader joystick||Field-installed with loader only, joystick attaches to loader mount|
|3-point lift capacity lbs. (kg.)||1,600 (725) @ 24"|
|Rear PTO||540 RPM 1-3⁄8" 6-spline shaft|
|Rear PTO type||Gear: independent, HST: transmission driven w/ overrunning clutch|
|Platform features||Straddle-mount, perforated steel deck, left-side entry with grab handle, steel fenders, folding ROPS, fuel tank under platform|
|Hood type||Steel, locking with lift mechanism|
|Seat and steering||Suspended vinyl seat with retractable seatbelt, fixed steering wheel|
|Overall length in. (mm)||116 (2,960) without 3-point linkage|
|Wheelbase in. (mm)||65.9 (1,675)|
|Overall width in. (mm)||52.4 (1,330)|
|Height over ROPS w/R1 ag tires in. (mm)||97.6 (2,480) ROPS upright, 63.8 (1,620) ROPS folded|
|ROPS base weight without ballast lbs. (kg.)||Gear: 2,756 (1,250) HST: 2,789 (1,265)|
|Fuel capacity gal. (L)||10 (38)|
Fields with asterisks* and highlighted red are required. Please email our helpful staff with any questions or comments using the contact form.
Fields with asterisks* and highlighted red are required. Your friend will receive an email that contains a reference to this page. Please send this email only to people you know who would be interested in this information.